Have you ever found yourself crying in the middle of the night and constantly asking (in between sobs and tears) yourself, "Why? Why? Why?". Most of us had experienced a break-up that seems really impossible to recover from. Think you can't handle the situation? Well, folks, think again! It's time to do the repacking of the memories you had shared together and seal it in a bag - forever! Here are the tips for surviving a break-up:
- Try to practice self-confidence instead of wallowing in self-pity. Yes, I know it's tough but the more you pity yourself, the more depressed you will feel. Instead of saying that he stopped loving you because you think you're fat, you're ugly, he cheated on you, you've gained some weight, you've lost the bombshell in you and you name it - say to yourself that, "I'm pretty and I know a lot of guys will ogle on me. Life's not over and it is just starting right now! There's so much opportunities out there now that I'm single. How could I miss it?". Warning: Don't say it to other people. You're talking to yourself and it's okay to say those things because it'll make you feel good about yourself.
- Go and have a fun night with your girlfriends. Friends will always be there whenever you need company! So it's time to hit the club and party with your best-est girlfriends until dawn! Go dance the night away and feel the energy of the music that surrounds you. It'll make you feel energized and yes, it helps you to forget all of your worries.
- Try to avoid watching romance movies. I'm not saying that you have to quit watching cheesy, romantic movies forever! Since watching romance movies can you make you a little bit of nostalgic thinking about how you two once became the Romeo and Juliet (minus the star-cross'd lovers thingy!) that is similar to the movie that you're watching, you might end up crying and feel totally devastated. Instead, try watching sci-fi, action, comedy and horror movies for just a little while.
- Do the things that you love the most whether it's biking, shopping, drawing or blogging, you'll appreciate the quality time that you're giving yourself now that you have so much 'me' time that's on your toes. You'll feel relaxed and it will make you busy so that you'll avoid thinking of him.
- Surround yourself with the people that you love. Since being in a relationship tend you to spend a less time with your loved ones, now's the time to bond with them and catch up with their lives! They might give you some helpful advice for you to move on and get a life.